Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Empty Cage

The sight of seeing my dog in the back of the van and being sent away gave me a heartache. Seeing his innocent eyes into mine as if he was saying "Don't sent me away..."

Leon will be away for hernia repair and castration surgery for 3 days. This surgery must be done so that my dog can pass motion back to usual. I asked the doctor whether there is other ways other than castration, he said no. Then I asked again if there is such thing as sperm bank, he said no again. With great disappointment, I know after today, his generation will come to an end.

Before he was admitted into the clinic, I looked at him close enough to realize that he has actually grown old. To me, he is forever a kid, a naughty one. Grey fur are already growing around his mouth just like human's beard. This should be my greatest regret in him; I could not find him a mate, I did not help him breed...

All hopes in seeing his little children will be gone soon. All I can do is pray for him to recover and hopefully, he will still remain the macho dog of mine...

Don't be afraid Leon, everything will be alright soon...

No comments: