Saturday, September 5, 2009

Staying Home

It's been a long time since I last stayed home so much. Even during weekends. It's an amazing thing for me to do. I stayed home alone most of the time, if you don't count my kakak, minding my own things, my sister left, no friends are back yet nor will anyone come visit, my brother's back to school, so is Kaden, my dad needs to work, my mom is happily in Vietnam... I've been like this for a week already and I don't mind being at home alone though I do feel lonely. The thought of going out to meet friends just give me a lazy feeling and I'll start to find excuses.

That's not exactly who I am, but I guess when you're used to the life, you're just accustomed to it. By then when my friends all come back and my old self might just come back and you won't see me staying at home.

But for now, it's a good thing for me. At least I'm like the rest, going back to hometown, taking my own leisure time doing my own things during holidays, and most importantly is to spend most of the time with family. I'm glad that I did for I get to help my parents to pick up my brother and help to keep an eye on our home. I'm also much closer to my brother (well, he's my closest family member left after my sister went to Taiwan for further studies), I know his schedule and plans, I know that he's actually not as busy as I thought last time, I know he studies everyday at home, and he is willing to accompany me to many places knowing that I'm alone. Of course, I know more about my dad and mom too. And my sister before she left.

Suddenly family's position in my life became few steps higher. And that makes me cherish them more and I want to stay home more.

p.s. if you wonder what I've been up to for the past 3 weeks, this is my answer, I spent whatever time I have with my sister and family

4 comments:

angeline_hui said...

This is what i ve been doing for the past 2 and a half month. :) and eventually i have to baby sit the dog too...its such a wonderful time rite. Now u noe why im bk home for such long time.

angeline_hui said...

correction : 2 and a half weeks :P
c 2 and a half week felt like 2 and a half months
aiks :P

Tuan King said...

Good Good..home sweet home ~ ^_^

bobo said...

haha..i was about to correct u..hmmm i've been home longer..around 3 weeks plus already..and i'm now so comfy til i dont wanna work!! hehe