Friday, May 22, 2009

What I did Last Sem

Finally I had the time to clear my old stuff; it has been stacking there for ages on my table. Midway clearing them, I found out my little notebook which I used it for the entire last semester. I felt I had a really busy final semester by seeing all the scribbles and little notes I made throughout discussions, brainstorming etc.

First was my wish to manage Dodgeball Club properly and to make it as active and well known as I could. Immediately when semester starts, there came the Inter-faculty Competition where Dodgeball Club participated too. It wasn’t easy asking people to join especially when this club and this game was a stranger to everyone. Not only I need to get my own committed members to help out, I also need people to join, promote about Dodgeball, attending meetings and also organize the entire league. In the middle of preparing this big league, there was Clubs’ Day, assignments started to pop up, my Japanese classes started, Chinese New Year around the corner, busy researching and planning for my graduation holiday, and because of vacation, I needed extra money to travel and hence working part time job in ScienceTech (teach primary students basic science theory and apply them in making simple toys).

I had so much to do so little time left. Thank god with many committed members’ help, the league managed to get 9 teams and ended smoothly. Dodgeball became more familiar since then. I considered as a good kick off. But things did not end just like that. Navid and I kept thinking about ways to promote Dodgeball, we designed posters and videos to attract people. On the other hand, there were some activities from the Malaysian Dodgeball Association (MAD), and was consistently bugged by a guy named Ian, such as appreciation dinner, their Campus Dodgeball League, charity competition etc. I was pretty much the middle person for UCSI and MAD. Getting our own sets of balls did not come easy and dealing with Ian was frustrating enough. Besides weekly training, there came Earth Hour event and Bunkasai Night. We had a total of three big and two small events in just three months’ time.

Besides giving whole heartedly for Dodgeball Club, these few things took turns in my daily schedule- the never ending assignments (weekly presentation for Ad Camp), Japanese revision and classes, work (every Saturday), planning for vacation and of course, splitting some of the time to my beloved friends and family.

Toward the end of March, I only realized I was handling too much. I stop my part time job; quit my Dodgeball Club as president, and slowly letting off all Dodgeball stuff to the new members, just to concentrate on my final projects. TWO FINAL PROJECTS!! How can I not giving full attention to it?

At the end of the day, I managed to get some extra money for travelling and went to Taiwan with three other friends for almost two weeks; I managed to build up my Dodgeball Club and now it has a profit of a hundred over (dream came true); I managed to get very high marks for my Japanese third level test; managed to pass my subjects and I must say, I got quite high marks but a little not up to satisfaction but that’s ok cause I knew I did not put maximum effort in it…

The only thing I did not do is to have a nice birthday celebration. But that’s ok too cause I have friends and family who remembered my day. Come to think of it, I have no idea how I managed to pull it through the final semester… but I’m happy enough that I made used of my final time in college to the maximum :)

By the way, after Taiwan’s trip, I rushed off to Batu Pahat for another holiday trip. Then, I was busy meeting up with friends, spending time with my family, giving out souvenirs, unpacking my travel stuff etc. And now, I’m left with two months’ internship which means not much resting for me. Zzzzzz…

No comments: