Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!!

Went to church today, heard a meaningful story on the power of reviving which is why we need to celebrate the day of reviving- Easter Day
Q: 2 same flowers planted at the same time same day but in different place and died at the same time same day. One in soil, one in a bottle with only water. The one in soil revived when the sun appeared but the other one still the same, dead. Why?
A: Because of the flowers' connection with the soil. The roots were the one who supported it to revive. Whereas the one in bottle didn't have any roots and connection with the soil

This theory same applies in human life. If we have a strong connection with god, anything can be revived. The term revived is not only for you to come back alive after death. It means that one can stand back after failure; can live a better life after going through all kinds of obstacles. These are what 'reviving' means, which I fully agree on the importance of reviving and believing in Him actually gives you the strength to believe in going through all kinds of obstacles.

Previously, in the same church, I saw another meaningful video which says...
There's always a pile of bills waiting there for me to clear, but I know it's because I still have a job
There's always a long way for me to walk, but I know that it's because I still can walk
There's always a pile of laundry waiting for me to do, but I know it's because I still have clothes to wear

There were still a lot more and I only can remember a few... but this video showed me the greatest meaning of gratitude. Never just complain of what you don't have, instead of complaining, why not appreciate what you have. Don't just have what you like, but like what you have.

Thanks Angeline for bringing me to your small but wonderful church :)

2 comments:

angeline_hui said...

so...do u plan 2 follow me to my church every week? :)

bobo said...

alternative weeks..still need to go FGA at times :) but thanks for bringing me to ur church..