Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Banana Leaf Rice

My friendly colleague brought me to a place which I wasn't sure of to have banana leaf rice for lunch. It has been ages since I last eat this. And it was the first time I used my hand like any other Malays and/or Indians for my meal. She taught me the correct way to eat with hand. Basically is grab the food you want with the rice, pinch it a little and form a shape (any shape that suits your mouth) under your three main fingers plus your thumb. Then scoop it with the three fingers and use your thumb to push the food into your mouth. I've Malay friends but I never thought of using my hand to eat... It wasn't that bad after all but that left me with my slightly yellowish fingers with strong curry smell... and it cost me RM10 but it was really tasty... yummy!

No comments: