Saturday, January 24, 2009

License

Ok, I lost my license...

I went to make a new one yesterday...I got a number myself but the lady asked me to photocopy my ic before I proceed upstairs. After photocopying, I went up and it was quite crowded. I saw the numbering on call was 80 numbers away from mine. But then the numbering was fast, it was like 5 or 6 numbers calling at one go. So I thought, maybe fifteen minutes away from my turn, so I will wait...

Half way through waiting, I was thinking to myself whether I need a photo of myself prepared or will they snap my picture as I remembered you don't have to for MyKad. They snap for you in order to keep track of your details. Anyway, after a round of observation, I saw no photos snapping section and also not even a camera.

So, I went off and asked and yes, I was right, I need to prepare my own picture. I went next door, paid rm13, and get my ugly pictures quickly and ran back again. I had a feeling my turn was over, and yes, the next thing was I got a new number as told and this time, 100 numbers away from mine. Exactly 100... calling number was 319 and mine was 419.

Great! Now what? Queue again?! In this hot place? Anyway, yeah, I waited for another 30 minutes...30 minutes, I went daydreaming and dare not leave the place again...

But the system was fast as I asked, "How long will it take for my license to be ready?"
"1 minute from now?..."

And to my surprise, it was freaking fast. And if it wasn't for the photos, I could have went home 1 hour ago and have a nice nap...And I actually don't have to take photos and waste the money, I had snapped before but left it at home.

Anyway, losing documents like MyKad, license etc, you wouldn't think money is an issue, you will think the procedure that is an issue.

At the end of the day I console myself with, "I think my license expired already, so have to renew anyway..." and "my previous license picture was really ugly, it's time for me to 'improvise my license'..."

No comments: