Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mid Autumn Fest

As my sister wished, Tuan King replaced her in many ways. Including this year's Mid Autumn Fest. So that the celebration remained 5 people. But this year we have 2 more special guests. Kakak Rose and Leon joining us later on.

As usual, mom cooked A LOT including her favorite shark fin soup (finally this time was a success). After having a great family dinner, dad let us hear a long lost cassette which I have been searching for years. It was the cassette that recorded Nicholas Teo's (张栋梁)singing when he first came to my house a night after he won the 2002 Astro Talent Quest. It was an honor to listen to him live and that cassette became priceless by now. He was already a talented singer by then. Next we burst into laughter listening to my neighbor sang. We thought she was reading but my dad said she would have made a better rapper. After laughing hard, we heard a husky little boy's voice and later on reckoned it was my brother's voice back when he was 11 years old. We were surprised to hear him sang so cutely and I must admit, he can sing that time. Unfortunately, after his voice changed, disaster happens (just kidding bro...haha). This cassette is filled with memory and my dad decided to keep it safe and labeled it.

Then, we brought Leon out of his cage and tied him to a pole near us while we used light to torture him. Not exactly torture, we made him exercised. My dad was really excited in fooling him with his new red LED torch light that he used it to shine on the ground here and there so that my dog will chase after it frantically. My dog sure knows how to break dance having his paw stepping here and there. After giving up chasing the LED light, he changed his target to the candle's light. We wonder he had nightmare about light that night...

We skipped our usual 'campfire' activity (set small campfire and burn leaves and crisps) and went to the playground nearby with our lanterns after enjoying the moon while eating mooncake.



Leon enjoying his massage from Jensen

It was a simple celebration but yet a joyful one even though how I wish my sister was here to celebrate with us. It's good that even Leon and Kakak had a wonderful time that night :)

No comments: