Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ijok

Today is a Sunday, tomorrow is a Monday and also a public holiday, for me there's no difference cause both are still working days...

Went to clean up the main shooting location- Ijok. You have no idea how horrible the place is. I shall continue from my previous post to describe the horribleness of this place. Besides dried 'paper' rat, there were also dead birds... and worse of all, maggots and baby cockroaches!!!

Not only that, there were really old posters everywhere (seriously everywhere and I don't understand why those people just have to nail them!) that we needed to take out one by one from the wall (wooden). Those posters were fragile (many ten years already) and we needed to peel them off carefully (still need them for shooting). And worst of all, some of them were full of spider webs or some kind of eggs... EWWW!!

Then came to moving cupboards and the bed!!! We have to move the bed from downstairs to up... And it's only a small wooden house and of course the staircase is those old shop's narrow and wooden and creaky staircase. Oh ya, and also there isn't any handle! Since the staircase is so narrow, we needed to dismantle the bed frames into pieces before moving it up. Then, attach them back together... Lastly, move the mattress up. I didn't want to imagine what's living inside the mattress, but there was surely something inside. I thank god that there will be no need for the casts to sleep on the bed. But, I'm not sure about sitting on it. Anyway, that shouldn't be my problem... god bless whoever needs to get near it.

Another thing about this place is the villagers (all Indians). They will just gather around the house and as if this is 'the' event of the year for them. They are like scavengers, if anyone smells something, it will be one spreading to another and end up the whole village knows and they will come and 'pat'! Honestly, I'm really afraid that no one is able to control them while on set. I can visualise a pasar by then...

It was hell tiring and when I drove home I wanted to sleep so much. The place is so far so good, there isn't much rubbish already and the spaces we need for shooting are cleared. Now, all we need is to move in props and decorate the place... that means I still need to visit this freaky place many many many many times... Hope I don't get any virus or germs infection...

I was thinking if I were to stay in this place, I rather rebuild everything...

Welcome dear casts and crews, this is our main shooting location...

p.s.: you wouldn't wanna get any cuts in this kind of place...

No comments: