Sunday, March 22, 2009

Obsession with #plates

We went for a trip some time back and because of boredom and because of my weird observation toward certain things, I started noticing number plates around me while we were in a car. There were lots of number plates with different initial letters. Some W, some J, some B... but these were all too common and well known... what caught my attention was, there were actually unusual letters like A, K, D, C, Q, R, and T. Malaysia's number plate's initial letter represents the state you bought your car from. For example:
W- Wilayah
J- Johor
B- Selangor
M- Melaka
N- Negeri Sembilan
P- Penang

Then I started asking the rest where the cars with odd letters are from. One of them confidently suggested that K is from Kedah/ Kelantan, D is from somewhere in Malaysia, and Q is from Sabah.

After little research of mine, they were quite wrong except for one. Here's the correct answer if you too saw some weird letters and wonder where they come from.

K- Kedah not Kelantan
D- Kelantan, this is only for Kelantan
Q- Sarawak not Sabah
SS- Sabah

There are also...

C- Pahang
R- Perlis
A- Perak
T- Terengganu
L- Labuan

and also... special ones are

H- guess from where...
They're all over on taxis'...
Z- for military usage

They're also specialty plates which costs extra more..how much is the more i guess it's really more...
such as PROTON, LOTUS, WAJA, PUTRAJAYA, SUKOM, PERDANA etc

Next time I'm gonna buy my car at Selangor. Bryan can too. Then Jian Ling can buy at Johor (ask Yang help), Tan Tuan King and Tiffany can buy at Terengganu, Stephanie still searching for it but I suggest go Sabah (ask TTK to help), Angeline can go Perak (ask Tiff to help), Ley Lynn go Labuan, Mei Cher... easy la, go Melaka (ask Jlo buy), Kean go Kedah, Eunice, Wai Ting, O (unless you wanna buy at Perak?) and Yang..can't help..haha

I guessed by now you should be a bit more observant toward number plates? But don't be so obsessive like me. Hope this little info is useful to ur future car :)

p.s: wanna hao lian a while, I've seen all kinds of letters including 'z' but except for certain specialty plates

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...yeng and geng oh...however I don't want to buy at Terengganu le ~ So far...

yangyang said...

i am special one!!!!!!! I am THE ONE~~~~
Remember this joke hah?
hahahah

bobo said...

oh u want me to blog about it??

yangyang said...

woooo...i should not remind u~~~