Thursday, November 27, 2008

Dirtiest Job

What I did today?
I slept in the car for almost half of the journey while both my colleagues were busy searching for location, cannot tahan at all! My eyelids just shut by itself, how sad...for your information, we were in the car for 4 hours!!

I only started exercising at 3.30pm after all my sleepings (which explains why my tummy is popping out), and the exercise is actually doing charity work. And the charity work is actually to clean up a big pile of rubbish that was left in an abandoned shophouse. And the shophouse is in Ijork (no idea where? Go google! Ok, it's near Genting, it's damn far!), it's an Indian village with palm estate surrounding it and this particular location is the main location for the independent film.

This place is seriously run down- no electricity, no water, toilet's broken, not much sunlight, no food around... all left was a big pile of rubbish and broken furnitures. That was why I needed to search for portable toilets, generator, catering, cleaning services' contacts just for this place. Honestly, you wouldn't want to clean up the place. It used to be a grocery shop where they sell all varities of stuff as seen in the pile of rubbish. There's canned food which were still well sealed, newspapers (dunno how many years ago), shoes, papers, wood, stationeries, and even baby milk powder, also untouched... You will be curious in what had happened to this place man! Anyway all these things are still in the process of rotting. There were worms, ants, cockroaches and even dried rat, and it's very very flatten!!! And for a split second, I thought under all this pile of rubbish there might be a dead body!!! As the place has an awful smell...

The worst thing was we only could use plastic bags to cover up our hands as we didn't have gloves... Anyway we collected a total of 25 big bags of rubbish, too bad I didn't take any pictures, if not you'll get to see the combination of blue and black rubbish bags, it's surprisingly quite nice... Oh ya, add on another rubbish, I put all my clothes into a separate plastic bag and I'm gonna categorize it as 'toxic'. I felt that I've brought back the whole world's bacteria... And even after 2 hours' of cleaning, we only manage to clear up 3 quarters of the rubbish and I have to go back and clean some more!!!

The question for today is, if you are a producer would you choose this place? But honestly, the place striked me when I first saw it. It really gives me the feel, it's exactly what the script visualizes. But come to think of it, you need to spend more money for transportation, for food, for generator, portable toilet, the security cause it's not a familiar territory etc etc...

Btw, this was my 1st time using a spade, for the sake of not using hand to do the dirtiest job on earth!!!

No comments: