Monday, November 24, 2008

I became a Muslim

I became a Muslim





Nah, just for an hour...
I was asked to secure a location for the independent movie and it was a mosque.
I was adviced to bring a scarf along in case the people there want me to cover up.
Thank god I did bring one, I was told that I wore quite 'pendek' (for your information, I was wearing long sleeve and pants) and I was forced to wear a 'Jubah' and scarf (as 'tudung', both Malay wearings). I looked like a Muslim and people there couldn't tell that whether I am or I am not. I also think that I looked like a penguin with big 'jubah' and I didn't know how to wear a 'tudung' so it was kind of messy...

I had to wear 'panjang' and cover up every single part except for my face. But once I stepped out of the mosque, immediately I saw 3 tourists wearing mini skirts...

Anyway, good experience though, at least I get to know that no shaking hands or any contacts are allowed between any male and any female in their religion. Especially when it is a government place. Well, that was my first ever stepping into a mosque...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great blog, and I would like to Post a Comment

There has been some recent news you might like to hear.Obama is making it better for us already! There has been an increase of money availability to everyone. Due to recession there is increased funding for all types of grants. Even lenders are bending over backwards to bail you out too. Regardless of statistics, there is people getting tons of cheap money for personal use, investments,start businesses, buy homes, pay off debt, and more. Bailout is for YOU